The DramaFest TikTok Musical Theatre Challenge!
It’s simple: recreate your favourite musical theatre production on TikTok!
- Contestants may upload their video any time after Friday May 7, 2021.
- Videos must be uploaded by midnight on May 26th, 2021.
- Contestants must tag @nsdramafest and use a hashtag to let us know what high school they go to. AKA if you go to Citadel High School you would tag #citadelhigh. *Please exclude the word “school” from your hashtag.
- You are welcome to make as many creative choices as you want with the choreography, set, lighting, costuming as you like.
- Keep it PG! Create a masterpiece even your grandmother would enjoy! Any inappropriate, hateful or violent language or imagery will disqualify your submission.
Individual prizes will be awarded for outstanding TikTok video submissions in five different categories. Winners of each category will win a signed copies of award-winning play The Bridge by Shauntay Grant and gift cards to Timmy’s!
The school with the most submissions will win 150.00, to be used on supplies, equipment or training for their drama department!
Prizes will be awarded for:
- Outstanding Facial Expressions/Outstanding Performance by a lead player. Get those eyebrows dancing! Emote, emote, emote and show us your acting skills!
- Best Vocal Performance. Let us hear YOUR voice, loud and proud! Give it your all and have fun!
- Best Choreography. Get creative with your moves and show off your skills! Expert dance moves not required!
- Best Costuming. What hidden gems do you have in your closet… or your grandmother’s closet? Transform yourself into your character and show off your expert styling!
- Most Creative Storytelling. Show off your storytelling skills! How will you turn a full musical into a 30 second TikTok? Extra points for originality!
TikTok Musical Theatre Challenge winners will be announced and streamed at the DramaFest closing party on May 28th, 2021.
HAVE FUN! 🙂